Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Gotta love the 80s!


So..basically life is good. Really good. Sure it has its downs but I'm just loving the ups. It's good to have some 'busyness' in life again and so good to have had this 'downtime' to recuperate and even more, to spend time with loved ones. Clinton is down visiting again - which means lots of great family/Jaedon time and I was on the Island yet again last weekend. I specifically went for a 'Rayner Cousins 80s party' but the whole weekend ended up being thoroughly enjoyable! It was sweet to dance it up and quiz it up with cousins, and then I was able to spend the night with my cousin Lynn who I haven't really hung out with in probably at least 3 or 4 years (and her beautiful little girl). Haha - it's so weird that we're grown up now, that people I remember playing with as a child now have children of their own!

I also spent a great night with my cousin Jac again. We watched dance movies, did some dancing ourselves, had some good talks and my favorite activity - walked around the gorgeous grounds of Canoe Cove. It was pretty much my first time there in the winter - WOW. Still so beautiful. It had recently snowed and the place was just a wonderland. We walked down to the ocean at one point and it was like entering another world. A mix between Narnia and some Arctic paradise (minus the PEI red dirt of the cliffs - but that contrast just added to the beauty). We totally wanted to go exploring along the shore and cliffs, run out into that white wonder of the frozen waves - or stealthily make our way among them as if in some new and foreign land, but alas, we weren't skilled arctic adventurers and would probably have been heading towards our deaths - or at least have exasperated Ben (Jac's husband) if he found out when he got home that we'd been so foolhardy! Reason won. I did get some beautiful pictures though ... and that is partly the reason for writing this blog! I know some of my 'readers' like the ones with pictures (non-facebook ones I guess, since uploading pics there automatically makes them available to most of my friends!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home